Titolo di studio: Diploma di maturità
Esperienza minima: 5 anni
VACANCY NOTICE PU/TS/10-22
The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), established in 1983, is an international, intergovernmental organisation conceived as a Centre of excellence for research, training and technology transfer to industry in the field of biotechnology to promote sustainable global development. The Centre conducts innovative research in life sciences and strengthens the research capability of its over 60 Member States through training, funding programs and advisory services. Located in Trieste (Italy), New Delhi (India) and Cape Town (South Africa), and in collaboration with over 40 Affiliated Centres worldwide, the three ICGEB Components provide a scientific and educational environment of the highest international standards. Further information is available at https://www.icgeb.org
The ICGEB invites applications for the post of Head, External Funds Administration
POST TITLE: Head, External Funds Administration
DUTY STATION: Trieste, Italy
DATE REQUIRED: As soon as possible
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed term appointment
DURATION: Initial period of three months, with possibility of one-year further extensions subject to satisfactory performance
LEVEL: GS-5 (UN Salary Scales)
DUTIES: Under the overall supervision of the Chief, Legal and Administration, the incumbent will be responsible for the administrative and financial management of the External Funds of the Organisation, including grants, technology transfers, donations, in-kind revenues.
Administrative management of External Funds includes:
- Acceptance of funding and activation procedures when required by the donor
- Creation of External Projects, including relevant ERP activation procedures
- Liaison with ICGEB scientists, internal units (Fundraising TT & Innovation since the early stage of application, Procurement, HR & Personnel, Fellowships, Financial Services and Outreach) and Donors to ensure respect of donor guidelines, procedures and guarantee coherency and consistency with letters of awards/ agreements/contracts always ensuring compliance with ICGEB rules and peculiarities as an international organisation
- Liaison with administrative counterparts of project partners and/or coordinators throughout the life of a project, including participation to meetings, periodic monitoring of project status, coordination of final report and audit
- Preparation and submission of debit notes/invoices/payments to partners in line with donors’ requirements
- Meet and comply to the scientific and administrative deadlines
- Yearly renewal procedures of grants when required by the donor
- Preparation of reports, statements and requests on projects and activities for donors, coordinators, and partners
Financial management of External Funds includes:
- Budget creation/check/revision
- Continuous monitoring of all expenses incurred on EFs to respect projects’ deadlines
- Clearing obligations on EFs to respect the authorized/approved expenses, reflecting timing, aims and restrictions of projects (for personnel, fellowships, consumables, equipment, travel)
- Monitoring of financial deadlines
- Elaboration of cost statements, periodic and final, matching donors’ budget lines with ICGEB’s ones
- Preparation of required documentation in reporting to the Donors, including report of co-financing and calculation/justification of general expenses
- Generation and/or utilization of reporting formats and platforms as per Donors’ requirements
- Liaison with Internal/External Auditors for preparation of periodic/final audit reports in compliance with Donors’ rules
- Liaison with audit companies when required
Financial management in SAP
• Donor creation (general data, type of donor/reconciliation, payment modalities)
• Fund creation and association with the donor
• Grant creation (general data, posting, dimensions)
• Budget creation/release/revision/carry forward
• Budget check for availabilities and report
- Key contact among homologues of the three components for EFs-related issues, including definition of revenue for recognition purposes, database update, collection of data/information for annual report and statistics purposes, and guidance on SAP procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent, a University Degree is an asset. A minimum of 5 years of work experience, extensive experience in business administration/accounting, several years of experience in external funds’ management financial reports and good knowledge of office automation. Previous experience in a scientific working environment is an asset.
COMPETENCIES: Ability to communicate equally well with Scientists, Administrators and Management; ability to work in a team and liaise with internal ICGEB Scientists and Senior Management; excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize different tasks and to manage workload distribution within the unit; demonstrated experience in accounting/ financial reporting/ projects management or similar roles; in-depth understanding of project management and reporting requirements; good knowledge of Microsoft office packages, including Word and Excel.
LANGUAGES: Fluency in English. Working knowledge of Italian (spoken and written).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 25 November 2022
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must complete an on-line application by creating an account on the ICGEB Service Gateway accessible HERE by clicking “Sign Up”. Applicants already in possess of an ISG account should click “Login” and select “Work with us - Apply for a job position”. If you experience problems in registering or logging in to your ISG account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICGEB is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Tipo di offerta
Amministrazione, Contabilità, Segreteria