Titolo di studio:
Esperienza minima: anni
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. If you'd like to help us be the world’s leading major home appliance company, this is your chance.
This position is part of Global Product Organization, responsible for turning consumer needs and desires into world-class, winning products, committed to strengthening and accelerating the delivery of Global Product Leadership.
The Cassinetta location has around 2000 professionals dedicated to built-in products, microwaves and ovens.
Your task in this role will include:
• As subject matter expert for Resins, you will support in the definition of Resins Materials Strategy and cooperate in the creation of Technology roadmaps for the assigned resin technology streams.
• Interact and collaborate globally with Materials Integration teams in the definition of proper resins for each new launch project in EMEA or global.
• Deliver and validate technology solutions for new features in the resins space, in cooperation with product development engineers, quality, manufacturing, suppliers, procurement, etc depending on the kind and scope of project.
• Contribute to our resins innovation pipeline by executing tech scouting activities with suppliers and external entities such as universities and development centers, including lab testing, manufacturing validations, workshops for idea generation.
• Engage the supply base to develop the Strategy with the definition of collaboration models (partnership, etc).
• Creation of specifications and test procedures when requested for any new development.
• Execute training to Materials engineers and other in the Company according to needs
• Drive reuse of knowledge and materials across platforms and architectures.
• Work in team to design, support and execute the Resin MVT strategy in EMEA
• Execute and drive workshops and other opportunity generation and scoping activities to feed the cost saving pipeline.
• Provide the right competence input across the Platforms and across the activities from development to execution and business maintenance support when the right specific competences are needed.
Background and Experiences:
• Demonstrates material selection experience across a range of functional applications and polymers families
• Proficient in polymers science
• Degree or PHD in either materials engineering, chemical engineering or similar experience if gained through several years of experience
• At least 3-4 years’ experience in materials technology dealing with plastics and plastics processing
• Deep Knowledge of Plastics main failure modes
• Complete polymer characterization
• Deep knowledge in main testing procedures
• Able to manage and update Resins Specs
• Regulatory requirements of pertinent Region and Category (restricted substances, food contact, flammability): how to assess risk and compliance, certify and find alternatives
• Knowledge and direct contact with resins producers and moulders in category of interest
• CFM: Understand IMD/IML, PVD, Hot foil, Hot transfer technologies
• Basics in Coatings and Insulation
Candidate must be able to provide employment eligibility to work in a country we recruit for; Neither Relocation and/or Visa assistance provided.
Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centres in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
Additional information about the company can be found on LinkedIn, Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp and learn more about career opportunities at Whirlpool at emea.whirlpoolcareers.com
Not Just An Appliance Manufacturer
We are committed to further accelerating our pace of innovation. Consumers are beginning to desire connected appliances, which fit seamlessly into the larger home ecosystem. We are excited to bring new connected technologies to market, including scan-to-cook, voice control, and remote service diagnostics. We’re always looking for new, innovative ways to strengthen our position as a leader and bring purposeful products to market in the emerging loT space.
Tipo di offerta
Formazione - Istruzione